How To “Pivot” During A Pandemic.
My mind is blown as I see Ford and Tesla factories making ventilators for COVID -19 patients in hospitals. Distilleries and beer companies producing alcohol for hand sanitizer, in addition to bourbon and brews.
Budweiser becomes the King Of
Beer / Hand Sanitizer!
Their ability to pivot is incredible, but not un heard of.
In the Spring of 1941, Ford factories began to build B-24 bombers for WWII. Ford had never built a bomber, and experts insisted it could not be done. But Edsel Ford, Henry Fords only son, made a pivot and cranked bombers out of Detroit factories. And Chrysler built tanks.
And GM, General Motors, built he amphibious “duck” truck and tens of millions of rounds of shell casings for artillery.
The ability of nations and people to pivot is astounding.
Here are some thoughts I’ve had the past few days
on how and when to pivot.
1. Pivot, and give your full energy and attention, when you know that you have the ability and duty to bring something important and benevolent to the world.
2. Pivot when what you used to do is no longer necessary or valued and you have the creativity, resources, insight and ability to introduce something new.
3. Pivot if you can look at the same thing every else is looking at, but see something completely different and important to our nation and world.
4. Pivot as you understand the shift between what is essential and what is non-essential.
5. Pivot because you can bring new life to a depressed situation.
6. Pivot, before you have to.
Life is full of unknowns and obstacles. Our ability to pivot, or not, is what determines if those obstacles become road blocks or new road ways for our future.