Three Lessons Learned In A Football Stadium On Easter
On a typical weekend, Christ’s Church of the Valley, is one church in many locations spread out all across Phoenix Arizona in an effort to reach Phoenix Arizona for Jesus!
However, on Easter Sunday we came together as one church in one location. The only location in the city that would hold us – Cardinals Stadium.
It was an incredible experience as over 53,000 people celebrated Easter together – the day that Jesus defeated death, burst forth from the grave and gave life to you and me.
Here are three quick lessons I re- learned this Easter.
1. Every person counts.
It doesn’t matter if you are set up and celebrating Easter in a stadium with 50,000 people or in a rented movie theater with 50 people. From God’s perspective, every single soul counts.[Tweet “The reason we count people is because people count to God!”]
2. Every person has a place.
We are the body of Christ. And I realized more than ever this Easter that “every part has a part” to play. In order to transform the Cardinals Stadium and welcome 53, 000 plus people to a service, it required the body of Christ working together, everyone putting aside their egos and playing a part. It may be the part your accustomed to playing or it may be a completely new part you are asked to play. This past weekend I watched so many uniquely gifted people play such critical, and often unnoticed, parts. It was a humbling and amazing experience. And it made me prouder than ever to serve in the body of Christ.[Tweet “Our job is to make the conditions right so God can give the growth.”]
3. Every campus craves a celebration.
Leading a multi-site church is complex, and it’s so easy for campuses to drift and fragment. I learned this Easter that there is something contagious about all the campuses coming together under one roof.
We are reminded of several things …
– We are big. Being spread out across 5 campuses can cause us to forget how big we are and how God is growing us. Coming together we realize we are actually making an impact on this city for Jesus Christ’s sake!
– We are unified. Our campuses have unique physical spaces, places, demographics and psychographics. Yet when we gather together, we are perfectly and immediately united by Jesus Christ. We are truly one church in multiple locations.
– We are inspired. There is no way to leave a service with combined campuses and not be inspired. My suggestion for leaders of multi-site ministries is don’t wait until next Easter. Find a strategic time in coming months to bring everyone together under one roof. I promise it will be worth every ounce of energy you expend.
This weekend at all CCV Campuses we will be launching a new series called “DETOX.”
I will kick this series off with a study about doubt.
Let’s be honest, have you ever had a bout with doubt?
Have you ever wondered about the resurrection of Jesus?
Have you ever questioned the stories in the Bible about creation or the flood?
Or has the existence of evil or the silence of God ever caused you to question the existence of God?
If you have ever wrestled with doubt, I want to invite you to attend or watch online this weekend at www.ccvonline.com.
It’s going to be a great series as we grow closer to each other and God.
Here are the 5 campuses and 20 service times for this weekend!
Peoria Campus – Saturday 4:30 / 6:00pm – Sunday 9:00am / 10:30am / Noon
Scottsdale Campus – Saturday 4:30pm / 6:00pm – Sunday 9:30am / 11:00am
Anthem Campus – Saturday 4:30 / 6:00pm – Sunday 9:00am / 10:30am
East Valley Campus – Sunday 9:30am / 11:00am
Surprise Campus – Saturday 4:30 / 6:00pm – Sunday 9:00am / 10:30am / Noon
Live Curious Friends.