30 Things Great Leaders Do.
Over the last two decades I have learned there are leadership tests coming that I cannot cram for. All I can do is put myself in position to absorb what I need for the future. In other words, I am soaking up important things right now whether I realize it or not.
And when I get into a tough leadership spot in the future and get squeezed – hopefully it is those leadership principles that will spill out of me.
Marinate on this.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Adopt a “biggest fan” mindset.
- Promote other people’s ideas whenever you can.
- Admit you don’t know everything.
SAY THANK YOU.
- Set lofty goals.
- Ask questions and then listen.
- Don’t crack under pressure.
- Push others into the spotlight.
- Don’t be afraid to confront.
- Seek alignment.
- Write notes and emails of encouragement daily.
- Don’t follow fads.
- Learn from everyone.
- Take responsibility.
- Don’t anger easily.
- Embrace pressure.
- Share the credit.
- Accept the blame.
- Leverage culture.
- Ignore the polls.
- Assume positive intentions.
- Pass on the perks to others on the team.
- Laugh at yourself.
- Love on others.
- Give authority along with responsibility.
- Don’t be afraid to “make the ask.”